Updated Wednesday June 14, 2017 by Marc Butvilas.
As the sport's national governing body, US Lacrosse provides national leadership, structure and resources to fuel the sport's growth and enrich the experience of participants.
- Make the Sport Safer – We have invested nearly $1 million in safety research projects, studying everything from head injuries to hydration.
- Train and Certify Coaches – More than 20,000 people have participated in our Coaching Education Program, helping them to teach the sport correctly and safely.
- Train and Certify Officials – Nearly 6,900 officials took our online courses in 2012 alone, helping them to keep games safe and fair.
- Create Opportunities to Play – Through initiatives like our First Stick Program, we have provided 1,028 grants since 2000, totaling more than 27,000 pieces of equipment that have given hundreds of thousands of kids the opportunity to play.
- Elevate the Sport's Visibility – Our 27-time world champion U.S. National Teams set the standard for excellence in international lacrosse.
- Pioneer National Standards – Our Youth Rules & Best Practices Guidebooks, which focus on age-appropriate player development, team play, sportsmanship and safety, have been distributed to more than 320,000 players, parents, coaches and officials.
- Educate the Lacrosse Community – Our US Lacrosse Convention has grown to bring more than 7,000 coaches, officials, administrators and fans together each January.